Giving us an Avid Media Composer Project for Conforming
This is a basic guide on how to get your Avid Media Composer Project over to us for us to conform for final post.
• Create a new bin and name it clearly including the date
• Name your sequence clearly including the date
• Duplicate the sequence and move it into the new bin
• Right-click on the sequence and choose Commit Multicam Edits
• Make sure you are monitoring the top video track
• Choose Timeline > Mixdown > Video Mixdown and use the below settings
• Enable all tracks in the sequence and select Timeline > Mixdown > Audio Mixdown > To Sequence and use the below settings. Avid will automatically add the tracks needed at the bottom of the sequence.
• Flatten your video layers so only relevant media is in the Sequence and move all your titles and graphics to the top track.
• Select the Sequence and then File > Output > Export to File point it to the drive you will be sending us and click Options
• Choose Export As: AAF and use the below details
• Once that is complete cut the video mixdown from earlier in on a new video track above everything else
• Reveal the video and audio mixdowns in the finder/explorer so that they can be sent to us. Do the same with the bin once it’s saved.
• If you have any additional elements like still images and rushes that need to be sent to use please gather that all together too if we don’t have it already and send everything over.
You can send us the drive or upload to a portal provided to you by email@example.com